McGriff Trucking LLC is a family-owned as well as operated full-service residential relocating firm focusing on piano and also weapon safe moving. McGriff Trucking LLC lies in Central Massachusetts, servicing the New England area. We offer loading solutions, crating of fine art, white glove distribution service, and also far more. You can find us on multiple platforms, such as Facebook, Yelp, Google, and the Better Business Bureau. We take satisfaction in what we do as well as are proud to say we have a 5-star score across the board. If we can not move it, nobody can. We look forward to hearing from you and making a house a home one move at a time. We proudly serve local moving clients in the Milford area and all of central Massachusetts. We provide long-distance moves anywhere in the continental United States. We provide specialty moving services for pianos, gun safes, and high-value artwork,
Milford was first settled in 1662 as a part of Mendon after Native Americans, including the Sachem, Quashaamit, granted land to the early settlers. King Philip’s War destroyed the town in 1676, but settlers returned in 1680. The Mill River flows through Milford and had several conspicuous fords that were familiar to the Native Americans, and used by the early white settlers. These “mill (river) fords” are said to have given Milford its name. Milford was incorporated April 11, 1780 and the first town hall built in 1819; a brick structure later named the Town House School. The current town hall was built in 1854 by architect Thomas Silloway.
Milford is renowned for its Milford pink granite, discovered in 1870. Milford quarries fueled the local economy until about 1940. The granite has been used for local buildings such as Memorial Hall, the Bancroft Memorial Library in Hopedale, Worcester City Hall, and the Boston Public Library. Other notable buildings include the original Pennsylvania Station in New York City, the main post office in New York City, and more recently the Singapore Changi Airport in 2002.
The Milford Hospital was donated in 1903 by Governor Eben Sumner Draper. Today, the health care facility exists as the Milford Regional Medical Center. In January 2008, the Center opened a cancer treatment facility with the Dana–Farber Cancer Institute. The center is affiliated with UMass Medical Center as a teaching hospital. In 2015 the hospital completed a $54 million expansion project that created a new emergency department and updated the intensive care unit, as well as patient rooms.
North Milford, Coburnville, Prospect Heights Historic District (Milford, Massachusetts), Neighborhood Insurance, Cordaville, Framingham Center, Milford Town Hall, Milford Police Department, Hopedale, Walden Woods Community Center, Consigli and Brucato PC, Whitcomb House, Milford High School, West Newton, The Groves At Milford, Milford Daily News, Tingley Home Services, Milford Regional Medical Center, Law Office of Melanie Soloman, PiNZ Bowl